Preparing For An Open House
Remember, you only get once chance to make a good first impression
Richard & Helen's Top Tips for a Successful Open House:
- Allow for easy movement throughout the house.
- Remove all animals, and any evidence (food, litter boxes, yard, etc.) of your pets.
- Keep in mind potential buyers will want to look into closets, storage areas, and garages - these areas should be in presentable condition.
- Appeal to the Senses
- If you have any scented candles, burn a few to give an inviting atmosphere - the aroma should be subtle and inviting, not overbearing
- If you are a smoker, clean out and dispose of all cigarette butts and possibly air out the rooms where smoking occurs.
- Make Plans
- It is recommended that sellers not be present at their open house.